The JAMB Registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, disclosed this at the board’s headquarters in Abuja, while parading a staff member of the examination board, Mr Adamu Musa, who allegedly collected N25,000 from an admission seeker in 2018.
Oloyede said the breakdown of the UTME results would be revealed at a detailed briefing on Saturday.
The 2019 UTME held between April 11 and April 18 in 698 computer-based test centres nationwide with over 1,886,000 candidates sitting the exam.
The board had said it was screening the UTME results for malpractices, saying 123 suspects had been arrested and were standing trial nationwide.
While parading Musa, a JAMB worker attached to the Information Technology Service, the registrar said, “He collected N25,000 for admission. So, we are not hiding anything. Even internally, we are doing scrutiny. Anybody caught will be dealt with according to the law.
“We had a meeting on Friday. So, we are releasing our results tomorrow (Saturday).”
He said, “I am not the one seeking admission. I was sent by the father of the candidate involved. I came and explained everything to this man (Musa). I wrote the candidate’s registration number down and he asked me to wait outside. Later, he told me it would involve money.
“The father of the girl, Mr Olaoye, who is based in Lagos State, sent the money to Musa’s account and I have the teller. Mr Olaoye was desperate for the admission of his daughter because she had stayed home for eight years. Eventually, the admission did not come through. We asked Musa to refund the money. He kept postponing and I reported him to the registrar.”